Wednesday, October 15, 2003

This is what happens when Quartz is mad :

Hello,

I am writing today in order to let you know how disappointed I am in your services.

I'm not a big online buyer, and when I do buy, I like to do it through a site that has earned a good reputation, like Amazon has.

Amazon does seem like a truly great place, and I could always find the article I needed, although I couldn't find it anywhere else.

However, there is not a single order I have made, ever, that didn't end up being delayed. Not one has been shipped within the promised amount of time. Not one.

The worst part is, Amazon lets us know the order is being delayed only a few days before the date of arrival we were given. Not before, even if the first shipping delay is over one month.

Right now, see, I need a book for my literature class. I need to read that book in order to compare in with another, and then I need to write about it for 10 pages and then hand it in on November the 11th. I was supposed to receive my book this week, and now I've just received an e-mail telling the order was delayed for one to two weeks.

I lost almost two weeks I could've used to look for that book somewhere else, waiting for your product.

I used to shop at HMV.com, and when an item was delayed, it took only one or two days before I was told so. There might be a lesson for you to learn right there.

If you can't give a date of arrival for your products, just don't.

Thank you for your attention, and for the delays in deliveries and also for the crappy work I'll have to hand in to my teacher the second week of November.

No comments: