Monday, December 15, 2003

I heard on the radio that we had 50 cm, 60 cm and even 70 cm, in some areas, of snow. Since last night.

This strangely reminds me of what it is like in April or May in Alberta...

Now I have to tell the story as I have barely spoken of the trip here, if I remember well. So.

On April 26th, 2003 (I think that was the date), Tweety and I left Drumheller, Alberta, during a snowstorm, hoping to drive about 100 km, to Calgary.
We had to stop halfway, over three hours later, because there was no way to get further. We were stuck in Beiseker for a bit less than 24 hours. We took a chance the next day and drove to Calgary - all out of luck, because we were convinced we wouldn't make it for a while.
In Calgary, we heard later that they had received 50 cm in 24 hours. And much more in some places.

So yeah. It's April all over again.

No comments: