Wednesday, December 24, 2003

Mystery of the day :

Why does my computer ask me which OS I want to run ?
I mean from what I know, the computer follows a sequence when booting, usually going with A, then the CD-ROM, and then usually C. And from what I know - although I don't know Windows XP, but I don't think it's that different - you can only have one OS (well, one Windows, at least) on the same partition.
So, when the system sees the OS on say partition C, it should just boot without further question. And it would involve that to run the other OS I would have to change the mentionned sequence or something.
Then why am I given the choice between Win98 and XP ?!?!

Other than that, I still have no phone line and my boyfriend is supposed to call for me this morning.

And we exchanged gifts last night - because we're seeing our family tonight and all and there's no way in hell his mother is giving him his presents before I do. Why ? Because if it so happens we bought him the same thing, I want it to be "my girlfriend bought the same thing" and not "my mother bought the same thing". Yes, I am horribly pathetic, so deal with it.

No comments: