Monday, January 19, 2004

So I edited and printed the final version of my essay this morning. I reduced it to 1100 words, quotations excluded, which is still way too long, but I don't know how I could do any better. What I hate about removing words is you end up changing your sentences so much that your whole style is gone and the final product is absolutely not you. So this is why I stopped at 1100. I still want it to sound like me, especially since it's the very first assignment. If the word count is really a problem, the teacher'll tell me and I get to revise it once so all is fine.

I ended up calling it "Are YOU EVIL", which sounds incredibly funny to me because it sounds so much like an online test, but other than that, it pretty much, um, sucks. I had no idea whatsoever what to use for a title, because it's supposed to be a critique, but with the outline the teacher gave us, I only get to critiquing and giving my own opinion for one paragraph, and for most of the thing I talk only of the experiment. I wanted to call it "See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil" once again because I thought it would be funny (I really have to start taking all of this more seriously, don't I), but it was so unrelated that it was just plain stupid.

Other than that, the other day at work I emptied a garbage can into another, bigger one, and I hit the bottom of it to get the stuck stuff in it out. (funny sentence) As I am incredibly talented, I managed to hit it with my arm and it still hurts like hell. And that was two days ago.

I am tired...

No comments: