Friday, May 07, 2004

This is the official launch of Quartz's Who's Got the Worst Boss contest.

Feel free to share your stories, and especially to stump this one :

I spent all morning working on my damn translation, and I barely just finished my first draft. I still have tons of homework to do only for this one class, but I'm working at 4, and until 9.
Except that my cell phone rings
"Hello ?"
"Hi, Quartz, at what time are you working today ?"
"Four o'clock."
"Can you start earlier ?"
"Well, not much, I've got tons of work to do."
"Well, you just do it later, I'll let you finish earlier." (emphasis added)
"How ?"
"Well, you come in at noon, okay ?"
"Okay, until when ?"
"Well, like last time." (note the desire not to give me an exact time)
"Which means ?"
"Hum... Well... About six-thirty, seven."

I got screwed again because I'll work 7 hours instead of 5, and even more so as I asked to work only 3 days a week and I'm doing 4 this week and this week only. I mean when somebody is doing you a favor, don't screw with them.

Anyway. Feel free to enter the contest. I strongly doubt anybody can beat that.

No comments: