Wednesday, June 09, 2004

So yesterday I had my translation class, and the teacher gave us back our Jack Kerouac stuff. I got a C+. Along with a fair number of people, because apparently the teacher had mentioned we needed to attach some proof of the research we did in order to translate, and we didn't. I wasn't happy. Because so many people don't fucking forget to attach stuff to a paper unless the teacher wasn't clear. Anyway. I was upset, but not nearly as much as other people. It's only 5 points. That just made me hate Kerouac more.

Then we had this little exam : we had to criticize a translation. We had the original English text and then its French translation (which deeply sucked) and then we had to point out what mistakes had been made by the translator and offer a replacement. And of course, it had to be another Kerouac text. I almost got up right there to kill the teacher. I mean, damn it, I can't find how to translate "Southern drawl evening ride" just like that, in 45 minutes !

So yeah. I totally loathe Jack Kerouac. I'm glad the guy is dead.

No comments: