Wednesday, July 07, 2004

So I was going to take the 12:04 bus to get to school, but our landlord decided to show up at the apartment at 11:50. He said that there was water on the first floor and he wanted to check if something was wrong here. I hardly could believe it : I'm on the third damn floor and the water got to the first. Anyway, I told him the story, and he said he had a vacuum we could use to get the water out of the carpet. Great, I said, so he left to get it. He lives a few streets away, so I thought he would be back after 15 minutes - I fucking waited for him for an hour, when I decided I needed to get to school, so I left the door unlocked, wrote him a note and left him my cell phone number and Peanut's work number.

Peanut left work at 2 to get home and take care of things. He called our insurance company, and was told that, as no damage was done to anything of our stuff, the landlord's insurance company had to take care of this. Peanut called the landlord's insurance company, and was told the very opposite (how nice).

So the water was not vacuumed out. We checked the two appartments under us, and there doesn't seem to be much damage, only water in the walls and stuff. Luckily. Anyways. Right now we need to hear from FutureShop and the insurance companies.

Well, at least the floor's never been so damn clean.

So I was late for my class, and I was in total panic when I missed this phone call on my cell phone, which was on silent mode. I was going crazy, shaking and everything, and it was reassuring to know that Peanut had left work and that somebody was home to take care of everything. So after that I could resume to being my almost normal, slightly concerned but regularly hyperactive, self. :)

It really sucks to step into water every fucking where.

No comments: