Thursday, August 19, 2004

Nobody proves their point as fast as me - and that's an official challenge !

Last night when Peanut got home, and got on the computer, and when I walked by I saw he was going to download this free cursor program - cursormania, I think it was ? didn't really pay attention. Half-jokingly, I said he was nervy to d/l stuff to my computer and not even tell me.

Anyways, so after having CometCursors self-installed on my computer twice, and checked with Ad-Aware and seen there were many spyware components in that program, I warned Peanut that it probably was the same for the one he wanted to download.

He pleaded he already had downloaded this program at work and everything seemed fine, blah blah blah, so I said all right, download it, then I'll run Ad-Aware, and if there is any spyware component, we uninstall the thing.
Fine, he said.

Then he clicked the link to download, and immediately, my anti-virus opened to tell us WARNING ! VIRUS WAS DETECTED !...
So there was a trojan in the very exe file we were downloading.

We cleaned things up right away, but still - can't imagine what a hassle it must for people that I am always right... ;)

No comments: