Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Oh - and a small continuation of the stupid-washing-machine saga :

Yesterday I received a phone call from a man who presented himself as an insurance guy representing the company that "allegedly installed the appliances". (Or rather, the first thing he said to me was "I heard that your insurance company denied liability for the water damage", leaving me wondering who the hell that was and how the hell he knew that) So the guy asked me to tell him what had happened and why I was claiming it was their fault. Then he asked if damage had been done to my stuff - and the answer is no. So I gave him the name and phone number of the landlord and he's supposed to call her.

So all that's left to do, again is just wait until they call us again, but that's giving me hope. If they could just admit their responsibility, the whole thing could be settled just between them and my landlord's insurance company. We wouldn't even hear about it. That sure would be nice.

No comments: