Tuesday, October 26, 2004

I haven't totally forgotten about my intention to post some of my writings, slightly edited, but surprisingly, I didn't find many that I thought were worth the trouble. Some of them which I thought were, I couldn't find how to properly edit. But still.

This one is much more recent and it came to me after I started reading Glamour. (I rarely justify my writings, so enjoy it while it's there ;)) I mean those magazines want to make you an empowered woman, just like the song ('cuz I'm a woman, w-o-m-a-n), but what are they talking about ? Fashion, make up, accessories, diets. Sure, there's other stuff, about relationships and careers, and don't get me wrong, I'm becoming addicted to Glamour, but my point is you're not an empowered woman if you wait on a magazine to tell you how to put on your make up to look sexy. I mean, it really seems like they're trying to sell us the idea that if we do everything they say, we'll be happy.
Men don't need that kind of stuff, do they ?
I mean, right now we're planning to dress Peanut as a woman for Halloween - and oops ! all of a sudden, his body hair is annoying, and his belly matters. :: shaking head::

September 17, 2004

You try. You really do try.

You eat - or you don't.

You weigh yourself. You put on makeup. You wash your hair. You do your nails.

You scrub and cleanse and treate your skin.

You shave, you wax - you do everything Glamour and Cosmopolitan tell you to do.

And then you look in the mirror and wait for the miracle to happen.

Hey ! You ! you want to shout to your reflection. Dammnit, be pretty !

No comments: