Tuesday, December 07, 2004

1. I received Robert Downey Jr's CD by mail yesterday. I am deeply troubled because he seems to like to mix lyrics, or to include other lyrics in his songs. Example 1 : "all we are saying is give peace a chance". Example 2 : "god give me the strength to change the things I can change" (or something like that, you all get what I'm talking about) Example 3 : in The Futurist, a lot of the lyrics come from Snakes, a song he recorded on one of Ally McBeal's soundtrack. And finally, the beginning of the second track strongly reminds me of something else, still haven't figured out what, but anyway. But so far, I like his CD, I am just very disappointed that River isn't on it. Oh well. Never mind.

2. Amazon officially cancelled my order for my Wallace & Gromit DVD, saying they can't get it anywhere. The order at Archambault still stands, but if they still haven't gotten it in 90 days, it will be cancelled as well. On the official Wallace & Gromit website, we can order the DVD. However, the price is in british pounds, and a britsh DVD just might not work here. (this is where I officially thank DraG for telling me this about the Ally McBeal DVD's a few months back, because althought everybody seemed to know about this, nobody ever bothered to tell me. I'm an idiot, you guys have to tell me stuff !)

3. Report was handed in last night, took me 15 minutes to catch a fucking elevator, just so I arrive too late to pick up my guarantee certificate, so I have to go back there next Monday, at 9 in the morning, watch me, I will be there.

4. J'ai commencé la traduction du poème, et ça se passe pas vraiment bien. Un poème, par définition, c'est pas clair. Et celui-là manque grandement de sujets dans ses phrases. Ya donc deux endroits ou je suis même pas sûr de la signification originale. Just kill me now.

No comments: