Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Hey,

I'm finally back, two days later than expected. I have a fair number of things to say, probably not all tonight, but I'll start right now.

So I got an outrageous number of presents (what else can you expect from my mother?), among which :
1. CD's from Tori Amos, Norah Jones and Joss Stones. The next months will be intensive music listening - but is it ever something else?
2. two board games, one of which I used to love when I was a kid. I was always begging my parents to play with me, and I got the new version for Christmas. You have to play with me, people !
3. I got a lingerie-like tank top... Actually, the one my mother got me was too large, so we went shopping on Boxing Day and I got a smaller one - my mother will go back to the store this week to get her money back for the other one. So yes, size small was too large for me, and for the first time of my life, I am wearing an extra-small tank top. In these days of ever shrinking clothes size, that kind of thing is nice. Fitting in that tank top was my personal moment of glory this weekend (see above find glory... in a song that rings true...)

Yes, as you have noticed, I went shopping on Boxing Day with my mother. I'm 21 and I'd never been, mostly because my mother has been drilling it into my mind since I was a kid that "there's a ton of people and they're killing each other over every article". That is why I planned to come home on the 26th, but then my aunt called to say that she and her husband would be visiting us on the 28th, and I wanted to be there, so I thought I'd better stay at my parents' until then - but then I told my mother I wanted to go to the mall on Boxing, so she agreed. It wasn't this bad, really : for one thing, I saw no killing. And my mother got leather winter boots half off, so thank you Quartz, what would the world ever do without you.

I didn't drink at all this year. I usually manage not to have to drive so I can have a drink or two (not more than that, really, 'cuz then I get drunk and when I'm drunk, I fall asleep. I'm one of those rare beings that are actually more entertaining when sober.) but oh well.

Watched House on FOX, I believe. That dude strongly reminds me of Peanut's father. Weird, weird feeling.

My sister was present on Christmas Day, which personally amazed me (saw her twice this year, in-cre-di-ble). She's 25, she doesn't wear makeup, she doesn't really do her hair and she's slightly shorter than me. Totally irrelevant, but all that led to somebody admitting they thought I was the eldest. Got a higly Ally McBealesque fantasy (what if I got up right now and strangled the guy?) but I just shut up. Yes, I do that sometimes.

My cousin, who usually introduces us a new boyfriend at each family reunion (this meaning about 5 times a year) was single this year. I was stunned - but she was the same girl, still not participating in the party and not saying a word to anyone. That's personally what pisses me off about her. A few years ago, before she ever invited a boyfriend to a reunion, she actually talked to us. Then she started bringing a guy to every damn reunion, and she stopped caring about anyone else but the guy. So I haven't said a word to her since then - not that I'm intentionally not talking to her : we never have to interact. Actually, I did talk to her : stuff like merry Christmas and happy new year. And the last conversation I had with her was over a year ago, when I had my wisdom teeth extracted and she drove me there.

So, that's enough for tonight, see you around people!

Please notice the effort I am making to respect English punctuation regulations. Rob had already pointed out to me that there isn't supposed to be a space before a question mark and everything, but it never actually occurred to me that I should respect those rules when I write English. Then I did English work at the Foundation and I got on Jillian's nerves because she was always correcting the punctuation.

No comments: