Wednesday, December 08, 2004

I got screwed way too many times in the last few hours, but oh well, what can you do. That's the story of my life.

First, my boss thought that, having done everything I had to do for my work term, I could just leave today and not work for the rest of the week, which I was supposed to do to complete my work term. I'll still get paid, but shh - don't anyone tell anyone. They even offered me to leave at noon, but I was going out to lunch with Jillian and Alex so I decided I would just finish the website stuff and leave in the afternoon, with Alex because I'm driving him to the metro.
So in the afternoon, I bummed around, having nothing to do, waiting for Alex. Around 4 o'clock, I walked to his office and asked him if he still wanted to leave at 4. "Oh, sorry, he said. I forgot to tell you, Daniel will be driving me to the metro, so you get outta here, girl." (#1)

I walk back to my office, say bye to my MSN friends, close all my windows, and then, my boss turns to me : "Oh ! There's this thingy you need to translate ! Do you have time now ?" (#2)
So it took me almost an hour to finish this last thing and I left a little before 5.

And then I drove home and parked my car in the parking lot. Now the parking lot is a skating rink, I swear, I never thought it would be possible for it to be so icy, but it is. And of course, it's only after I maneuvered (damn, sp ???) courageously through the cars so I wouldn't hit anything or anyone that I realized that I'm going out tonight so I could've just parked the car in the street and spare me the effort of parking on ice twice in a row. Woe is me.

No comments: