Friday, January 07, 2005

Wow, the popularity of that language poll far exceeds my expectations.

So before somebody rightfully accuses me of slacking, let me state that I did write a first (horrible) rough draft of my first assignment and that, well, I am still on page 8 of my anthropology 95-buck book.

Which reminds me that I never got around to talking about the cost of my books.
Well, at the begining, on my online booklist were only 3 books. Two of them cost almost 100$, so I cancelled my italian class and took another one so I wouldn't have to buy one of those two. That left one book worth 100$ and another one worth about 30$. Which was fine.
However, that was not all, because my teachers thought it would be a good thing to ask for books that are not available at the university bookstore, therefore that wouldn't appear on the online booklist. So I have one more 30$ textbook to buy, then another costing exactly 22.68% and a dictionary worth 85$. It would actually have worked fine with me until the dictionary part, but teachers don't really care about their students' financial situation. We don't need that dictionary until after the mid-term break, so I'm not going to buy it right now, thank you very much.

Mon proprio vient de débarquer chez nous pour empiler 30 boîtes de plancher flottant et deux giga rouleaux de matière noire destinée à aller sous le plancher flottant et étouffer le bruit. Fatiguez-vous pas à essayer de rendre la place regardable, ya un complot, ya toujours quelqu'un qui empile des trucs qui prennent un espace énorme.

Par conséquent, c'ici quelques semaines, on devrait avoir un nouveau plancher : il paraît que les tapis qui sont là présentement ont 14 ans ! Et comme ils ont jamais été changé, selon le proprio, j'en ai conclus que le bloc a également 14 ans.
Même chose : la tuile qui était dans la cuisine et dans la salle de lavage y était depuis 14 ans elle aussi. Demandez-vous pas pourquoi elle était scrap.

Là-dessus, je m'en vais lire quelques autres pages de mon livre d'anthropo.

No comments: