Saturday, April 23, 2005

WOOOOOOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOO!

That wasn't at all what I intended to write when I logged in - but I just received my final result for French class, and yes, yes, yes, I totally got an A+. I have to remember this moment on days I forget I am worthy of worship. Yes, yes, yeeeeeeeeees!

It pretty much makes up for the crappy anthropology exam I had to go through earlier... It was soooo bad. Some days, you know, the "concentration" option is just... off. Temporarily unavalaible. Out of order. Whatever. It's not there. Today was one of those days for me. I basically read each sentence of the whole exam 3 times so I could understand what I was reading and not just stare at words with no consideration for their meaning. And of course as if it wasn't bad enough, the exam wasn't as easy as I'd planned. Teachers should stick to their plan - if the first two exams are the easiest thing on earth, the third should resemble them. A lot of answers I simply didn't know. Lucky it was all multiple choices. Still. I have an A+ average in that class so far, but I think the final will kill me. Well, maybe not kill. But hurt. Oh well. We'll see.

I already mentionned how indredibly bad my anthropology teacher's English was... he provided us with yet another proof that he really needs to improve it.
For this exam, we were allowed to have any sort of handwritten notes with us. Students were taking the exam in two different classes, so the teacher kept alternating from one to the other. About 30 minutes after the exam started, he walks in and, well, starts speaking. Nobody understood. He repeated. It appeared that people had not brought their notes with them and once the exam was started, they weren't allowed to go get them, so the teacher asked us not to use our notes so it would fair for everyone. Students went crazy - I was about to, but hearing everybody bitching at the same time was so funny I chose to laugh instead. The teacher asked (exact quote, imagine marvelous accent for yourself): "who didn't brought their notes?" Of course it was confusing so students started asking "who did or who didn't? who did not? who did?" endlessly - and the poor teacher in front of the class did not understand what the problem was so he said nothing. He just told us to do our best and he would take into consideration that we didn't have our notes during the exam. Which is when, again, everybody started talking at the same time to tell him that we HAD our notes and we wanted to use them!
Only then did he understand and exclaim: "Oh! You have them! Well go ahead! Go ahead!"
Imagine 15 weeks of that. It hurt, I'm telling you.

No comments: