Thursday, July 28, 2005

This is my new friend.

All in all, I walked for a whole hour to get one for me and one for Peanut yesterday afternoon. To be honest, it only took me about 10 minutes to walk from work to the University Computer Store, but afterwards I had to walk to Peanut's office, which usually takes me 20-30 minutes already.

I never worked up the nerve to go into the University Computer Store because the place is so tiny and I was convinced that would mean the salespersons would be paying way too much attention to me. Well I walked in there and the place was crowded. I was expecting to just grab my USB drive and pay for it and leave, but they're keeping those on the other side of the counter so you absolutely have to talk to somebody in order to just take a look at the drives. So I had to wait a couple of minutes, then talk to somebody (which made me realize, I really need to start using the words "these" and "those" properly and not just whatever floats my boat at the moment I open my mouth), then pay, and THEN get the hell out.

I still have to find a name for this new friend though. My new computer is supposed to be ready as of today. This is exciting.

No comments: