Wednesday, January 11, 2006

I put Peanut to the test last night. After he nearly killed me last year with his green potatoes, I again asked him to take care of the part of last night's meal that included potatoes.... And funnily enough, when he started peeling them, we saw they were greenish too. I instructed him to peel them deeply and told him I trusted him (non mais si c'est pas donner son corps à la science, ça !).

And so far none of us is sick, and given that it had barely taken 5 hours for me to get a fever last time, I think I can say Peanut is now a competent cook when it comes to potatoes. Congratulations, Peanut.

Which reminds me, this food poisoning story provides countless hours of entertainment for everybody, and even a year after the facts. During the holidays, I told that story to my aunt, and she confessed she never knew green potatoes were a threat. Reassuring, 'nit? I mean she has two kids....

No comments: