Friday, March 31, 2006

Just walk away Renee
You won't see me follow you back home
Now as the rain beats down upon my weary eyes
For me it cries


Staring at the blank and thinking there are so many things I'd say, if only it made one bit of difference.

Those little things you say I do
Well, they might be true
Tell me what good does it do?


I couldn't change it. I couldn't make you understand. If I could I'd help you one more time, and if you could promise me it would help I would.
But you would lie because it is all you know how to do. And you might think you're letting people in, but you can't be when you don't have enough respect for them not to hide things from them and not to lie to their face.

Sometimes
I think you want me to touch you
How can I
When you build a great wall around you


What is it you want me to do?
What is it you want from me?
What is it you expect from me?

You might know and choose to keep it from me because you won't admit I am entitled to hear it; and you might not know and just talk because if you don't then maybe I won't be there when you open your eyes.

No comments: