Saturday, April 29, 2006

Do I look sad? Because I'm not.

I take pride in the fact that I sleep soundly at night and that I can look myself straight in the eye in the mirror everyday, and I don't have to make up excuses for myself in order to do so.

Do I look unsettled? Because I'm not.

In the words of Fiona Apple, I'm good at being uncomfortable.
Or actually, I've never looked for rocks to hold on to outside of myself. I might not have founds the best, most healthy rocks, I'll say that, but they've always proven much better than anything else from the outside world.
My unhealthy rocks have forced me to define "healthy" and my desires.
And I have balance within myself, and nothing but myself is part of it - I don't need you, I don't need to be comfortable, I don't need my little pampered world. I don't need anyone to make me happy, I don't need anybody to take care of me and make me feel worthwhile. I don't need to have or to possess. I don't need to be anybody's queen.
I can detach.
Which is probably why I'm way above that kind of stunt.

Do I seem to be longing for anything? Because I'm not.

What that need for definitions has taught me is it's much easier than you'd think to make the right decisions for the right reasons, and you get to call many more shots than you'd think. When I wake up in the morning I am happy I have done what I have done, and it's not about shoving it down anybody's throat, it's just about feeling good about oneself.

It's a matter of truth - if you're true to yourself, tell me how do you feel now?
If you've thrown it away and you don't miss it and you don't regret it, then it was trash.

Who needs trash? Although environmentalists will tell you the world produces far too much of it...

Do I look concerned? Because I'm not.

It's not that complicated.
I don't have to wonder because I know.

And I would've asked - until I realized I didn't care.

I tried to want my trash back - but I don't.

Do I look confused? Because I'm not.

I'm everywhere - yes, everywhere I look I stumble upon myself and I giggle.
Ah, projection.

... Or I could pull it and I know it wouldn't be wrong.

No comments: