Thursday, May 04, 2006

Everybody around here seems to be going crazy over those ants we find in our appartments from time to time. The season is only starting, people, chill out!

I took a long walk outside, making several stops (including one at the ATM, where, due to a 20$ bill twisted into the machine that just flew out of the ATM when my money came out, I was awarded an extra 20 bucks just for being there) and when I was about to enter the building, my all-time favorite neighbor, my downstairs neighbor (whom I like to call Grébiche), who was cleaning up her patio windows with a lady who probably is her daughter, called me up:
- Hey! What's your name?
- Hmm, hi, I'm Quartz.
- Hi, Quartz, tell me - do you guys have ants up there?
- Um, we've caught a few so far this year, but not so many. Today I've killed two of them.
- Oh, because I've found over 10 of them so far today... it's crazy.

So we chatted about ants for 10 minutes or so and supposedly the landlord's daughter is supposed to stop by tonight to do something about those ants.

Point #1. Grébiche is becoming a decent person to talk to. Not only did she initiate a conversation with me (when we barely could get her to say "hello" when we saw each other in the hall), she actually made a few jokes. Smiled. Amazing.
Point #2. They're ants. Smash 'em. Spray ant-killer thingy. It works. Grébiche said she was using Orange Windex to drown them. That woman needs therapy.

No comments: