Saturday, June 10, 2006

Victory of the day in Quartz's life:

I've already said how I am living this sad relationship with sunglasses. As a kid, I had tons of them, but then I had to wear real glasses at age 5 and until I got contacts, at age 14 or so, all I could do was dream about sunglasses.

The first thing I did when I got contacts is to get sunglasses, and then I had to faced another heart-wrenching fact: I couldn't find any that actually looked good on me.

Two years ago I managed to find a pair I liked. Last year as well. That means, my friends, I owned TWO pairs of sunglasses !

So of course, one afternoon, when I reached into my bag to grab a pair, I found it cracked. I threw it away, feeling lucky I still had a pair left.

This year, feeling unsecure about having only one, I bought another pair. That was last weekend. I actually wanted to buy two, but I only found one that didn't make me look somewhat weird.

Wednesday afternoon, again, I reached for my sunglasses case as I walked out of the building, and this time, I didn't find the glasses cracked: I just found one screw had fell off and my glasses only had one branch.
This was no big deal, so I left the sunglasses in the case so as not to lose the tiny little screw (you can all see where this is going, right?) and asked Peanut to please fix this when he came home.

It fled his mind, so the following day, he asked me to leave the case on the kitchen table so he'd see it. However, halfway to the kitchen, the loose branch fell through the closed case onto the floor. I was very much puzzled for a few seconds, and then I saw there was a tear in the case! (I mean of course. I've had the thing for a year and when the time comes for it to be really important, it turns its back on me. This seems to be the story of my life. Do you want names?)

So obviously, the screw wasn't in the case anymore. I looked for it a little, at night Peanut did too - in vain.
It also happened that night Peanut was vacuuming the floor, so I bitterly said goodbye to my beloved screw and accepted I needed to go out and buy yet another pair of sunglasses.

This morning I am walking around, doing laundry, deciding what I'm wearing and stuff. I kick something on the floor. I don't think anything of it. A few seconds later, I kick it again, and I hear this small metallic sound. I look down - YES! MY SCREW FOUND ITS WAY HOME!!!

I take it as proof that my belly button ring and my sunglasses are related.

No comments: