Saturday, August 26, 2006

All I wanted, all I ever wanted was this. And for a while there it was - right up until you changed your mind.

It always seemed it was perfect, right up until the outside world got in the way. And I remember the bubble and how long it took till it burst and all I was always going to do. I remember it was fun, and it was beautiful and it just was.

I was me. I was okay.
And I always defined happiness as something you know you have when you don't think about it.

There was a horizon in front of me and weirdly enough, one morning I woke up and the horizon had changed - and to think I didn't even notice. I didn't notice because it was just so natural.
And you were the one to insist I took one more look at that long-gone horizon. Have you ever asked me what it was like when I did?
It was weird. It felt unreal. Yes, it was what I wanted, all I had ever wanted.

If you had asked, I would've told you.
Now I'm asking, what was it like for you, looking back?

Or did you never change the plan?

No comments: