Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Because printers and I will never exactly be in love:

Yesterday I visited my parents because my father had some work to do on my car before I move. After he was done he asked if I would go to Wal-Mart with him to help him buy a printer. Because I am Little Miss Computer of the household and my parents know nothing about computers. I actually spent 10 minutes last night trying to make my father understand how it was you could move a computer and the data would still be there and what a hard drive was. And I'm not sure he got it, but I have to say, in his defense, that I am the worst teacher in the world so it's not just his mental abilities that are to blame.

But anyway. We went to Wal-Mart, where I basically explained to my father what each printer did and didn't do until he made his decision and then we went home. I unpacked the printer and attempted to plug it into the computer, only to find out the USB cable wasn't included. Why? Because it was an all-in-one printer which you can use as a photocopier or to print photos directly from your camera, so you don't need to use it with a computer.

So my mother and I went back to Wal-Mart to get a USB cable. When we got back home, I completed the plugging step and proceeded to installing the driver. However, when the install program asked that we put in cartridge, I realized the cartridge holder thingy was broken.

So I sent my mother back to Wal-Mart to get the printer replaced. Actually, I thought she was going to go today but she decided right away was the time to do it. So when she finally got back with a new printer, I finished the installation and today it should be working fine.

So yeah. Hate printers.

No comments: