Tuesday, October 03, 2006

If they found me out...
If they found you out...


It's funny. Funny how no matter how much time I spend thinking this through, I never can figure it out.

You were the first to lie. I wouldn't have gone along with it if you hadn't, that's for sure. Because I believed you. Most of the time, I believed you.
The rest of the time, I knew.

Because you wouldn't tell me the truth, I lied to you, too. Said I didn't know. Said I didn't think. Many, many times, I wanted to sit down with you and talk this through... Casually dropped words. Let a few questions slip. Watched you innocently look away each time. Followed your lead.

My words are like confetti and you never pick them up

So it's pretending you want, and I'm giving it to you. I'm fucking good at it. But it's not like before because I don't believe you anymore, I just know. I have no idea whether or not you believe me now, but it doesn't really matter. That's how the game goes and you should know because you made up the rules.

It doesn't matter though, because I'm having fun.
I've changed and I'm wrong.

It's funny. Funny how after all this time, you still won't admit how wrong you were and how you really are no different, no better, no straighter. You really are just as bad, only difference is, you're pretending not to be.

No comments: