Friday, October 13, 2006

The one thing I will concede -

A little while ago, I asked a general opinion from my therapist, aka Rob.

He said that sometimes people are insensitive, but not intentionally malicious. In other words, although their actions will hurt you, that was never the point.

At first, I thought I already knew that. And well, I did, but mostly from a theorical point of view. Because after all, admitting that is too much like excusing hypocritical, egoistical and unworthy actions/people. Which I can't and won't do because once people have hurt you, they're extremely quick to come up with excuses and they certainly don't need my help.

However, because you can't let go of morals that quickly and I still value being true to myself and being fair (but I'm working on that), I will concede and accept that none of you (where "you" is directed at far many more people than one would think, although most of them won't feel concerned - and it is perfectly okay because my aim is not communication, here) ever meant to hurt me.

Make no mistake, though. I am not forgiving what's unforgivable. Because you had no intention of hurting me doesn't change the fact that you did it, that you knew you were doing it, that you made the conscious decision to do it and that I never mattered enough to you for you to make the slightest sacrifice for me.

No comments: