Friday, December 15, 2006

It's no surprise that you were so quick to let me go because you had already done so long before.

You always wanted to be the main element of my life and you'd try your best not to allow me to keep anything to myself. You always wanted everything that was mine. But you also refused to share with me anything at all that you had.

I tried to speak with you, but you went out the room.
I said I wanted to sort this out, and I waited for you.
But you chose to stay away and to pretend you had nothing to add.

I never wanted to walk away from you. But you were the one who left me hanging there, having to run after you; and when I said goodbye, all I heard from you was - oh, sorry, what did you say? Oh, right, see you... eventually.

You made your choice long ago, when you decided not to be straight with me, not suspecting that I knew all along and not realizing that this was going to cause us to drift apart.

And I gave up on you.
Not understanding then that you had already given up on me.

But if you only knew what she said about you.

No comments: