Wednesday, January 31, 2007

So you guys have turned me into you, sort of, and I think -

You-don't-have-to-know


One day, you said: "They don't need to know." And I thought that made you a monster; a hypocritical, lying and egoistical person.

I didn't lie. I wouldn't pretend - at least, not to that extent, and not to them. You probably were right, though; I guess you held the solution in your hands.

I only tried it your way when I was forced to, and at first, I hated it. I felt ackward, torn - I felt I was lying.
Then I became acustomed, and this is when it dawned upon me: the power of you-don't-have-to-know.


There are many things I could tell you, but what use would it be to you?
The answer is, it wouldn't.
And if I choose to keep it to myself - the power it grants me is exhilirating.

It's not lying. It's not self-protection. It's not hiding. It's just -
I know, and you don't. You have no way of knowing. No way of figuring it all. And yes, I'll admit it, no way to spread the word, although it's beside the point.

What is the point?
Well, that, I couldn't tell you; after all, it's not my game - I'm only following a lead, here. All I know is the game is all over the place and I think they're all on that same power-induced high.

Then you might add filtering, you might add tweaking, you might add lying, but that's accessorizing; they're all distinct components of this do-it-yourself fling.

Small, insignificant, harmless details you might ask about, I could really tell you.

But you don't have to know.

No comments: