Saturday, August 11, 2007

Men barely look where they're going when they're driving a car - how could we expect more from them when they're riding a bike?

I got into my very first bike accident - this dude rode straight into me from the right.... he was riding on the grass and tried to cross the pathway at full speed without, apparently, looking at all.

Is there anything more insulting than getting run into by a freaking bike?

Anyway. He did have a good sense of priorities, as he asked whether I was okay before asking about my bike.

Bike's fine, although the flashy plastic thingy that indicated what speed I was on broke so now I have no way of knowing, but I wanted a new bike anyway, so it doesn't really matter. As for me, I'm fine too, but the 10 minutes it took me to get home bleeding from both my hands and my knee - not the knee I went into physiotherapy for and which started tingling a little as I was biking, mind you, the other one. I had one good knee and somebody had to ruin it... Anyways, those 10 minutes seemed pretty long. My ribcage also feels pretty sore as it is what took the blow before I crumbled to the ground.

To think I was only coming home to get into the car and drive to Anémone's.

Just to top it off, when I come home to my appartment building, bleeding, sore, angry and sweaty, there is a party in my backyard, and there must be about 15 people sitting on the lawn. There is no way to avoid them as I have to get my bike through in order to put it back in the locker, and I have to ask whoever is parked behind me to move so I can leave...

Anyway, I figured I should get this off my chest as I checked how to get to Anémone's on Mapquest. Thank you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoa, glad you're generally okay. Hope the wounds heal quickly!

Quartz said...

Thank you! :)