Monday, July 28, 2008

Seriously. When I called Hydro-Québec at the end of June in order to close one account and open another, I had to wait almost two hours, on hold, before I could speak to someone. It wasn't too bad because I work sitting in front of a computer and next to a phone 7.5h a day, so I took advantage of that speakerphone feature.

It was understandable: it was at the end of June, when every person in the world who tends to do things at the last minute (and let's admit it, they form the vast majority of the human race) is trying to get electricity at their new quarters for July 1st.

Today I need to call Hydro-Québec again; the lease for my former appartment ended on July 31st, but it turns out the new lessees will have access on Wednesday - and I see no reason to pay for them, obviously.

We're at the end of July, folks. The big moving rush is behind us. Then why have I been on hold for a hour? Don't they hire people to answer the phone? You know, what they call "employees"? For God's sake.

No comments: