Monday, November 30, 2009

What I don't like about shopping is mainly the contact you have to have with people when you do. I like to just do my own thing and not be disturbed by anyone ("Can I help you with anything?"). However, I know I can't get out of it, so I take it. I play the game.

This is why I loathe the new strategy being implemented in the mall closest to where I live, that is, the use of kiosks in the middle of the place, which you pass by as you're going from one shop to another, with the employees CALLING OUT TO YOU as you walk by. I wish I could just grab them by the shoulders and shake them: LEAVE ME ALONE! I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY! I DON'T WANNA HEAR IT!

The Québec Loisir employees, in particular, are absolutely talentless when it comes to recognizing someone they've seen minutes ago. As in, I'm walking in one direction, no thanks, I don't wanna know about Québec Loisir, oh look, I'm going the wrong way, U-turn, I SAID I DON'T CARE ABOUT QUÉBEC LOISIR, DAMN IT!

The annoyance factor has increased in the mall, however, when they introduced a straightening iron kiosk. Just guess what happens - you're walking around minding your own business or speaking to the person you're shopping with, and you get interrupted by those people who want to straighten your hair. Now here's the thing: ever since I moved to this dreaded humid region, straightening my hair has become a solid challenge involving straightening mousse, a hair dryer and a straightening iron. So most of the time, I just give in and curl it (and as keeping nice curls in between shampoos is quite something as well, I'm really not sure that curling is the easiest option, but that would be beside the point).

So, seriously people: if a girl with curled hair walks your straightening iron kiosk by, shut the hell up. Isn't obvious that she doesn't want your to straigthen her hair right there on the spot? Can't you imagine that she spent quite some time getting her hair to curl in a beautiful way?

So yeah. When I walk them by with my hair curled and they want to straighten my hair, I snap, I really do. I'm thinking next time I should just burst into tears and ask them what's wrong with my hair. That could shut them up for good...

No comments: