Sunday, June 20, 2010

Dear god.

Raiontzukai and I have just booked our passes for our 35-day tour of Europe. I just spent a few minutes looking at the recommended hostels for the cities we'll be staying in.

And somehow, it turns out we'll be in Munich just in time for Oktober Fest, mind you - which is sort of unexpected as we'll be spending a weekend there in September.

It's pretty cool, I agree, but when I saw the prices for accommodation I nearly fainted. Did you notice I said we were gonna be there during a weekend?

Wanna guess how much they're charging a night? Keep in mind we're talking about a night in a DORM, in a HOSTEl.

Come on, guess.

Nope, guess again- try higher.

They're asking for 60-70 euros per night per person.

I'm still in shock. Translated into Canadian dollars, it amounts to something I call a sort of expensive night in a good hotel...

2 comments:

Rob said...

You know what would be really funny? If you got to the hostel and there was a German version of your weird neighbor standing out in front of the place all the time.

Quartz said...

With my luck, that scenario sounds pretty likely!