Monday, February 06, 2017

Yet another sign that I am a mother - that is, a sleep-deprived creature without a single moment to herself on a day-to-day basis and, mostly, not a single free space in her mind for stuff other than schedules, meals, discipline techniques and the like - is the simple fact that I have started using Blogger's "draft" function.

I used to be able to keep ideas in my head for days, weeks at a time, polishing them, building them up, and then I would just have to sit in front of my blank post page and type them out. I'd still spend some time toying with them until the text worked - until it breathed, as a talented blogger put it - but that was it.

Motherhood has taken away all the space in my head ideas had to float around in as well as the time I used to have to just sit idly in front of a computer to set them free.

So I must be, what, 10 years late? but seriously, that "draft" functionality - good call, Blogger.

No comments: