Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Assymetry


'Cause I'll tell you this, love more than anything else is about respect! And the way you just described me, the way you think I am? That wasn't respect!
(Ally McBeal)

The disappointment.

And, maybe mostly, how it managed to sneak up on me.

The sudden realization that to you, I just might be little more than a doll, or a clown.

At first that seemed irreconciliable with that overall undeniable affection you're also emitting. But it's not.

It's a contradiction that is but apparent; it's just an imbalance. Some sort of gap.

It doesn't mean that you have no - or even little - consideration for me. You are reciprocating; we're just not on the same level. I don't even think you realize it.

I guess that's just the nature of human relationships - they really can hardly ever be expected to be symetrical.

I thought you could see beyond the facade. But maybe you never bothered.

No comments: