Tuesday, March 06, 2018

In which Quartz overshares (yet again)

Today I am working from home - which, although this is in no way related to what I initially wanted to say, is allowing me to discover all the perks of telework, that is Spotify Free, the ability to walk around when using the phone AND the two amazing 27-inch monitors in Raiontzukai's our home office.

But I was saying, I am working from home today. Because another perk of telework is wearing next to no make-up, jeans and your boyfriend's hoodie - in other words, you don't have to worry about your appearance -, I decided to wear my beloved Paula, my running watch that doubles as a day-to-day activity tracker (or is it an activity tracker that doubles as a running watch?) in order to see how much exercise exactly I am not getting. Well, folks, I am happy to report that I am now 15 minutes away from the end of my work day, and I have not gotten a single inactivy stamp. If you're wondering, an inactivity stamp is when your watch takes it upon itself to nudge you and say your lazy ass has been sitting on that chair long enough. (It works out well because in most cases you've paid enough money for that thing to be able to restrain yourself and not throw it out the window. Or, if you're like me, you're inherently cheap.)

But Quartz, are you now undeniably wondering, how did you manage to avoid inactivity stamps?

Well, dear readership, it's easy: I just drink a hell of a lot of water.

You're welcome. I live to enlighten my readers.

No comments: