Thursday, June 14, 2018

As I was saying recently, this workplace is odd in that it brings together an disproportionate number of people that are actually likable. To me, I mean, a person who generally doesn't like people. So I find myself chatting with an outstanding number of people. Even I have a hard time grasping how social I must seem on the outside. And earlier I was with a couple of colleagues reminiscing over the time when our big boss, now retired, would take every new employee out for coffee:

Quartz: It was a nice gesture - you know, it's not something I care for, I don't like to chat...
Colleague (whose office is right across from mine and therefore has first-hand knowledge of how many people come into my office to chat on a regular basis, raising her eyebrow): You don't chat?!?

No comments: