Wednesday, July 03, 2002

Okay. Everyone is criticizing Simon Cowell American Idol but I like him.

I mean, damn it, I prefer someone who truly says what they think to someone, say Paula Abdul, who says "good job" to everybody.
Simon says what he thinks. He doesn't fake anything, and he might be mean sometimes, but those contestants aren't there to be pampered. And a compliment from Simon means so much more than a compliment from any of those two other judges - it shows.
He's not mean - did you see what he said tonight ? He called two of the guys who made it to the next round "losers". And he said to them "prove me wrong". That's not being a mean person.
I really think he's doing what he should be doing.
And I hate that some people think everyone should be nice and sweet all the time. If someone sucks, tell them.

If something you did frustrated me, I will tell you - most of the time. It's simply about being true.
Plus I think it's something you owe people to tell them what you think. If I tell you that you're arrogant, for example, maybe you'll try to find why. And I think it's worth trying - of course, I know people who would just go "no I'm not, go to hell, you're stupid" as well as people who would go "oh I'm sorry please forgive me I didn't mean to I'm sorry sorry sorry sorry", but that's beside the point, but still.

Okay, I got off-topic, but anyways. Yeah. Simon Cowell is a really cool guy.

No comments: