Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Oh my God.

I mentioned how my boss arrived Monday morning, all proud because she had found "long texts" for me to translate. She handed me a diskette, and asked me to translate the Grant Request first.

I put the diskette into the drive, and saw only two documents on it. I copied them to my Quartz directory on the desktop and opened the grant request. It was 5 pages long, 1700 words. Which I thought was a lot - I mean except for my final literary translation paper, never did I translate anything equally long.

I just finished the grant request and opened the second document, which is titled, and this isn't encouraging in any way : Business plan draft.
So I thought, that's gonna be one tough translation - and then the document appeared on my screen and I saw it's EIGHTEEN PAGES LONG !!!!
There seems to be a lot of tables of content in there, because all in all, it's 5200 words (which is exactly 200 more than what my tutor said he would revise for me, this is getting annoying), but STILL !
This has me busy until next week, that's for sure. I mean I'm leaving in an hour and I'm not even sure if I'll have enough time to read it all. Especially on a computer screen. I hate reading on a computer screen. I like printed stuff. I'll probably ask my boss if she has a printed copy.

No comments: