Sunday, May 07, 2006

As you (will now and for the next month and a half) see from the alert of my page, Madrid time is getting closer and closer. And most of the planning is done. All that remains to be bought is this stuffed flower keychain-like thingy to stick to my bag so nobody mistakes it for theirs and a sunhat. Other than that, I just need to plan the order of the attractions we want to see according to their respective location. And visualize the location of the restaurants we want to try.

Et pour faire suite à mon post dans lequel j'étais effarée par les vêtements que j'apportais, je vous fais part de ma liste finale : un short, deux jupes, un pantalon de toile, un pantacourt en jeans, cinq camisoles, un t-shirt et une veste. Deux paires de bas. Un chapeau. Des sous-vêtements. Une paire de runnings et deux paires de gougounes. Moi je trouve ça absolument effrayant. Réaction de ma mère : "Ouin, t'as vraiment pas l'air d'en apporter gros, je pense que je vais réduire ma liste..." De plus en plus effrayant.

The balance of the trip is due on Friday. This is scary. I'm probably going to let my mother put it on her credit card and pay her back because I don't plan on visiting my parents on Friday. Although Mother's Day is this weekend so I will spend either Saturday or Sunday with mine. I'm thinking manucure-pedicure deal. We'll see.

Other than that, I'm working hard to fight the urge to start packing immediately. I so want to leave NOW.

And it doesn't help to think school is starting again tomorrow. The following month and a half is going to be night classes four days a week. Kill me now. Or give me my degree and get me to Madrid. Or anywhere else. Please. I'm waiting?

No comments: