Saturday, August 18, 2007

No matter how good a person you are fundamentally, Darkness never fails to turn you into a horrible being. There's nothing you can do about it. You become filled with anger, sadness, shame and self-loathing, and some of it is bound to leak out - there's only so much you can hold.

It takes time to realize that you're pulling people down despite yourself.

Recently, a friend talked to me about a period in my life when I was in a pretty bad place, adding that I had changed then and become quite irritable.

And I suddenly remembered - and although I had never seen it before, that friend was right. I was very angry at the time, and I undoubtedly took it out on people.

I also remember a moment, two full years later, when, stuck in a place that was even worse, I realized that I was starting to hurt the people who loved me. That is when I finally stood up and eventually moved on to a better place.

Or rather, I thought then that I was starting to hurt them, but I guess I was really only starting to see that I was doing it.

This would have to mean that I made a lot of people miserable for over two years, and I had no clue.

No comments: