Monday, November 30, 2009

My personal theory is people who work full-time in a pet shop and consider it their CAREER undoubtedly saw their application denied when they tried to get in the Veterinarian Program in college.

This is why one of them went crazy on me yesterday when I went to buy weight-control cat food: How long has your cat been on diet food? They shouldn't be eating that for more than three months. And they should be seen by a vet. You just can't leave a cat on diet food. When was the last time your cat saw a vet?

Erm, excuse me, WHO ARE YOU LADY?

Well, my vet happened to have told me when I got Sambuca that they put indoor cats on weight-control food when they became adults. And I did check again with Anémone today, just to make sure.

That lady is a total freak.

2 comments:

Rob said...

Wow! I never heard of anyone putting a cat on diet food just because it's an indoor cat. That seems very odd.

Quartz said...

Well, that wasn't exactly right: the vet said that they tend to put cats that were fixed on diet food when they became adults because they gain weight more easily after that. However, I only put Sambuca on diet food because she needs to lose a little weight.